An Executive Summary that addresses THREE Questions:
1. Patient Mix
How do my patients compare to patients at other sites on key pre-operative risk factors?
2. Patient Selection /Timing of TJR
How do my patients compare to others on severity of pre-TJR pain and function?
3. TJR Patient-Reported Outcomes
How do my risk-adjusted post-surgical pain and function compare to other sites?
Complete details on post-TJR readmissions and emergency room utilization.
What will I get through FORCE-TJR?
Through FORCE-TJR, participating surgeons and health systems can receive:
- Risk-adjusted patient reported outcomes and post-discharge adverse events compared to the existing national cohort.
- Data to position you to receive incentives from CMS and other pay-for-performance programs.
- Consultation on data collection processes that can minimize patient and surgeon burden while maximizing complete outcome data.
- Implant performance reports, as information emerges.
- FORCE-TJR data meet multiple requirements with no additional effort: Maintenance of Certification (American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons), Patient Quality Reporting System requirements (CMS), Meaningful Use incentives, and insurer quality reporting.